Friday, June 15, 2012




So, I made Sweet potato, mushrooms, kale and cous cous for dinner last night. I didn't have quinoa but the whole wheat cous cous was a fabulous substitute. 

But I'm going to be honest: the kale was a bit chewy. Is it supposed to be chewy? I don't know. Was this due to chef's error, or is it simply in kale's nature to be chewy? Seriously, I don't know. It was fine; I ate it. But this wasn't my favorite part of the meal. 

As for the recipe, I LOVED the sweet potato and mushrooms in the wine sauce! I might add a bit of broth next time because there wasn't much to put on top of the cous cous. And I am seriously considering adding sweet potatoes to just about every meal after this one. Sweet potatoes are such a gorgeous color and texture and flavor. Delicious times a million! 

Speaking of color, my Little Rainbow Pants has figured out how to climb up onto the table. Please see exhibit B below. It does look like she's getting into the spirit of things as she spices up my water with salt and pepper. Thanks, Boo!



No comments:

Post a Comment