Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I've been rabe'd!

Broccoli rabe that is. This stuff was incredible and is basically the reason I signed up for this CSA. I have heard of broccoli rabe before, but never tried it. I had been pondering what to do with it since we got it. It had a strong pepper-y smell and I was dubious about how I could work that into a meal.

And then, as if PBS knew I was struggling, Lidia Bastianich had a recipe for broccoli rabe, sausage and pasta. It was meant to be! So, last night I tried it and my only complaint is that I don't think I had enough broccoli rabe! FOR REAL. The pepper flavor worked fabulously well with the garlic, the butter and the salty sausage. Seriously, this will be my go-to recipe for broccoli rabe from now on and it might make the entertaining list (ie: things to impress guests that I can cook fairly easily > fancy result, minimal effort.) A little red wine, a side salad, some scrumptious bread and you have quite a lovely meal!



1 comment:

  1. I have a pretty similar recipe from allrecipes.com but I use spinach instead of the rabe. I used the rabe once it was so bitter it was unedible. It's pretty yummy with the spinach.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete